Set within 700 acres of rural parkland, the Conference Park, University of Warwick, offers a wide range of facilities, making it an ideal place for our NAWGFest.
Delegates will be able to enjoy a variety of bars, cafés and restaurants, as well as the free use of the Fitness Centre and indoor swimming pool.
Located in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside, yet just 10 miles from the Midlands motorway network, less than 4 miles from Coventry Railway Station and 11 miles from Birmingham International Airport; the Conference Park is easily accessible and has car-parking on site.
Conference Park bedrooms are single bedded, en suite and are equipped with a spacious desk area, hairdryer, tea & coffee facilities, toiletries, towels and Wi-Fi internet access. They are close to the Rootes building and the Humanities buildings.
Self-service full-English breakfasts and Friday evening's two-course evening meal are in the Rootes restaurant; buffet lunches are served in the Humanities Building, where most of Saturday's and Sunday's daytime events are held.
Workshops will be in the Humanities building. Morning and afternoon tea, coffee, fruit and biscuits will be served immediately after each of the workshop sessions, in the same area as lunch in Humanities.
Afternoon tea on Friday will be served in Bar Fusion in the Rootes building, just a flight of stairs (or a lift journey) up from conference reception.
And don't forget your swimsuit for a before-breakfast swim. Use of all sports facilities, which include a pool and an up-to-the minute fitness suite, is free to delegates.
You will need to take a towel from your bedroom. If necessary, an additional towel can be requested from conference reception.
↑ Here are some more photos. Click on the pictures to display in larger sizes.
↑ Directions for Travel
The full address is:
Warwick Conferences Rootes Building University of Warwick Gibbet Hill Road Coventry CV4 7AL Tel: 024 7657 4323 • Fax: 024 7657 2661 www.warwickconferences.com
From the North/East
- From M69/M6 interchange (M6 Jct 2) take the A46 towards Warwick and Coventry S & E.
- After approx. 3.5 miles you will reach Tollbar End roundabout (junction with A45). At the roundabout, follow signs for A45 Birmingham.
- After approx. 3 miles you will cross the A429 (Kenilworth Road). Half a mile after this junction take the left-hand turn sign-posted "University of Warwick" (Fire Station on left, Police Station on right). Follow signs for University of Warwick (and Warwick Arts Centre) across two roundabouts. You are now approaching the University of Warwick from Kirby Corner Road. All car parks are clearly sign-posted and, as we go to press, Car Park 7 is your destination.
From the South-East
- From M45 Jct 1 take A45 towards Coventry.
- After approx. 7 miles you will reach Tollbar End roundabout (junction with A46). Follow signs for A45 Birmingham.
- Now follow the directions given in the third bullet point above.
From the South
- From A40 Jct 15 take the A46 towards Coventry.
- After approx. 8 miles leave the A46 at junction sign-posted "University of Warwick" and turn left.
- Take the second exit at the mini-roundabout and continue for a further mile on the Stoneleigh Road, crossing the A429 (Kenilworth Road). You are now approaching the University of Warwick from Gibbet Hill Road. All car parks are clearly sign-posted and, as we go to press, Car Park 7 is your destination.
From the West
- From M42 Jct 6 take the A45 towards Coventry.
- After Approx. 9 miles you will pass a large Sainsbury's store on your left. At the next roundabout (Fire Station on right, Police Station on left), take the right-hand exit, sign-posted "University and Canley".
- Follow signs for University of Warwick (and Warwick Arts Centre) across two roundabouts. You are now approaching the University of Warwick from Kirby Corner Road. All car parks are clearly sign-posted and, as we go to press, Car Park 7 is your destination.
Important Postcode information
CV4 7AL– directs you to Gibbet Hill Road, the main road which runs through the University; the main campus (the Conference Park) is sign-posted from this road.
CV4 8UW– directs you to Kirby Corner Road.
Car Park 7 is
N 52.38046: W 1.55971
By Train, Bus and Taxi
- The nearest mainline Rail Station is Coventry, which is only four miles from the University.
- A taxi from the station to the University campus costs approximately £11. For return journeys, taxis are available on Health Centre Road, opposite Warwick Arts Centre, at most times of the day.
- The number 12 bus runs from Coventry Bus Station, via Coventry train station, to the University.
Trinity Taxis can be reached on
↑ Car Parking
Car parking is available for conference delegates in any of the Central Campus non-barriered car parks. Before your visit we will send you the link to the University of Warwick car parking permit website, where you will register, download and print your permit to be displayed in your vehicle.
Or, you may use this link: carparking.warwick.ac.uk/events/national-association-of-writing-groups.
Disabled parking spaces are available within all car parks and close to some accommodation areas. Please inform us if you require a disabled car parking space (for blue badge holders only).
↑ Campus Facilities
The campus has many facilities available to all delegates, including shops, banks, cafés and bars. There are branches of Barclays and Santander banks, with cash machines; a large supermarket; a pharmacy; bookshop and several places to eat and drink.
↑ Campus Map
Below is a map of the university campus. Click on the image to enlarge it. You can also download it as a PNG file.
|Author:||Pam Fish||Date:||September 7, 2016 11:01 am|
|Responses:||8 – open||Article:||1884 – published|
|I would like to book for the whole weekend at Wa…||05-Jan-15||Elaine Hook||Comment||Approved||83611|
|Looking forward to meeting you again Elaine. Pay…||08-Feb-15||Pam Fish||Comment||Approved||84064|
|Can John and I book in for Thursday night how mu…||23-Aug-14||pamela strange||Comment||Approved||75522|
|I am over in UK August/September from N.Z. I bel…||04-Jul-13||Margaux Dunn||Comment||Approved||21012|
|Hello Margaux - we would love to see you at Warw…||09-Jul-13||Pam Fish||Comment||Approved||21052|
|Warwick University is a fabulous venue (I used t…||11-Jan-13||Helen Yendall||Comment||Approved||11221|
|Thanks Helen - a good point. I am compiling the …||11-Jan-13||Pam Fish||Comment||Approved||11223|
|Warwick looks the best one yet! I hope we'll be…||03-Oct-12||Verica||Comment||Approved||5212|