The Poised Pen, Liverpool
The closing date is October 31st 2015 at 23:59:59 (GMT).
Results will be announced on 4th December 2015.
- Poetry – Maximum 40 lines (excluding title). One entry per person. Must include at least 2 of the words listed below. Entries must not have been published previously or have won any previous competitions. Judge James Nash.
- Flash Fiction – Maximum 350 words (excluding title). One entry per person. Must include at least 2 of the words listed below. Entries must not have been published previously or have won any previous competitions. Judge Nik Perring.
You must include 2 of the words below.
The best of the entries will be published in our charity competition anthology which will be produced shortly after. More details about this to be announced later.
So what are we looking for?
Look at the photograph (click for larger image). What does this say to you? Who are these men? What are they waiting for? What do they want?
Then write, whatever you want. It's your work. It's your imagination. It's your world to create.
The only thing we ask is that you include 2 of the words listed above in your entry.
One entry per person per category. So yes, you can enter one poem and one piece of flash and you all have two chances to win.
We have been fortunate to receive sponsorship from Liverpool Hope University, and Corbett & Co Accountants and New Generation publishing so unusually for a free to enter competition, we have BIG money prizes in each category.
- First Place – £100 ($154 USD approx.)
- Second Place – £50 ($77 USD approx.)
- Third Place – £25 ($38 USD approx.)
The judges will announce a shortlist prior to final judging. All shortlisted entrants will be informed. Winners will be announced on the 4th December at the Poised Pen Presentation evening and will also be announced on Twitter.
How to Enter
Entry is on line only. To enter and for a full list of rules go to thepoisedpen.co.uk/competitions.
|Author:||Kevin Machin||Date:||September 27, 2015 12:13 pm|
|Categories:||General, Group News||Tags:||closed|
|Responses:||2 – open||Article:||2793 – published|