I can't believe that it's all over – golden envelopes opened!
The winners were announced at the Gala Dinner on Saturday 30th August 2014, at our Warwick Festival of Writing and are now listed here.
Congratulations to all those of you listed below for achieving this high status. But only one can be the winner, so well done to the final stage winners announced at the Gala Dinner. All shortlisted members will have been notified by post by now.
2014 NAWG Competitions – Details of Shortlisted and Commended
↑ The Daisy Watkins Trophy – Open Poetry
Chris Raetchus, Father's Boots.
- Rosalind Sian Balp, Possessing Art.
- Bob Bishop, Waiting for her at the Roxy.
- Catherine Anne Norman, Henry Moor Sculpture.
- Lesley James, Jake Fisher's Widow.
↑ Formal Poem: Sonnet
Jill Fricker, The Affair.
- Simon Ciappara, She Who Smote my Heart.
- Sheila Crawford, Dancing in the Car.
- Shelagh Wain, Cold Draughts.
↑ The Verica Peacock Memorial Trophy – Travel Article
Helen Somers, Egypt – A Holiday Romance.
- Stephen Middleton, Front Row View from the Cheap Seats.
- Elizabeth Parish, Going Abroad.
- Sheila Crawford, En Route.
- Carole Ann Smith, Escape to Lundy.
↑ The Pam Fish Cup – Poem by Children
Oliver Etches, City Walls.
- Minakshi Cook, I'm a Happy Dog.
- Shivani Cook, Piggy in the Middle.
- Erin Steward, Who am I?
↑ The Aine Maire Chadwick Trophy – Ghost Story
David Lake, This Eden.
- Nicholas John Marshall Brigham, The Wedding Ring.
- Josie Elson, The Blessing.
- Clint Hastling, The Future Ghost.
- Andy Humphrey, Nutmeg.
The judge remarked that the standard was so high in this category, that he felt obliged to give far more commended places this year, than is usual. As we go to press we have only the titles of these commended entries.
- An Uninvited Guest.
- In Need of Some Attention.
- The Winterman.
- All I want for Christmas.
- The Passengers.
- Secrets of the River Bank.
- The Third Person.
- My Friend Ben.
- From Darkness to the Light.
- This is the first Day of the Rest of your life.
- Resurrection of Deep Dean Cottage.
- Christopher's Christmas.
- Unfinished Business.
↑ The Professor David Lodge Trophy – Short Story with Given Phrase
Neil Robinson, Black and White and Red all over.
- Bob Bishop, Poor Judd is Dead.
- Harry Leigh (Haley Staniforth Room), Night Crawler.
- Yvonne Higgins, Ten Green Bottles.
↑ The Jilly Cooper Trophy – Short Story for Young Adults
Helen Jane Somers, So Far and Yet So Near.
- Veronica Bright, Mr Wacker's Bridge.
- Andy Humphrey, Jasmine.
- Stephen Middleton, Our Billy.
- Emma Palmer, Tomatoes.
- Linda Turner, Harlequins.
- Alan Murton, Halloween.
- Rose Taylor, The Future Embodied.
↑ The Denise Robertson Trophy – Picture Book Text
Jill Fricker, The Magic Shell.
- Bob Bishop, The Legend of the Red Peril.
- Mary Gladstone, Little Pearpip Makes a Friend.
↑ The Sir Alan Ayckbourn Trophy – Ten Minute Play
Fiona Dudley, Dignity.
- John Christopher Carpenter, A Tale of Five Idiots.
- Jo Roberts, Passing Through.
- John Trott, Duty Calls.
↑ The Denise Robertson Group Anthology
Hastings Writers, Animal Writes.
- Balsall Writers, Snapshots.
- Peterborough Writers' Circle, All the world….
- Thames Valley Writers, On the Map.
- Vaughn Writers, Beyond the Wall.
The Best Tale
Milo Swankey. Also known as Simon Whaley.
- Second place: N.E. PERSON (identify yourself please).
- Third place: NOT YET FAMOUS (Please let me know who you are as small prizes are involved).
↑ Pam's People Competition
Audrey Forster, The Day of Dark Deeds.
- Mike Wilson, Dying Star.
- Sandy Parkinson, Broken.
- Helen Jane Somers, Rosie's World.
↑ The NAWG Lottery
A free year's membership was drawn for:
Individual member Anne How.
↑ The Festival Quiz
|Author:||Pam Fish||Date:||September 29, 2014 10:49 pm|
|Responses:||4 – open||Article:||3045 – published|
|Thank you so much for sending me the delightful …||15-Sep-14||Chris Raetschus||Comment||Approved||76967|
|Hello Chris - I had to send the certificates sep…||15-Sep-14||Pam Fish||Comment||Approved||76968|
|Thank you so much for the certificate for 'comme…||07-Sep-14||Ann Hodgkin||Comment||Approved||76487|
|Congratulations, Anne. Your comment proves how s…||07-Sep-14||Pam Fish||Comment||Approved||76489|