'Gem Street – Beyond the Axis'
On-the-edge… Left-of-centre… Brave and imaginative…
These are the types of stories we look forward to reading during our exciting new competition Gem Street: Beyond the Axis. Shorter, leaner and vibrant works containing 5,000 words or less are welcome from new and previously published writers.
- Competition closes: midnight on 31st December 2014 (by e-mail or post).
- Short List announced: Spring 2015.
- Open to all genres except Children's, YA or Poetry.
- Stories must be previously unpublished, electronically or in print. Any entry that does not follow this is automatically disqualified.
- Stories can be from anywhere in the world but must be written in English.
- Submissions: €10 per entry via our website www.labellopress.com.
- There is also a postal option for submissions.
- You may submit a maximum of 3 stories.
- All authors included in the anthology will receive a complimentary copy.
- Three stories will receive one of the Leonard A. Koval Memorial Prizes.
1st Place: €500, 2nd Place: €200, 3rd Place: €100
In addition, three stories will receive "Gem Awards" (€50 each) and there will be a number of Beyond the Axis distinctions given to stories of outstanding merit.
Guest judge announced . . .
. . . we have just gotten confirmation that Linda Kavanagh will be our Guest Judge for this year's competition.
Linda Kavanagh is a former journalist who worked for various Irish newspapers and magazines, including staff writer on the RTE Guide for fifteen years. The Secret Wife is her seventh novel which will be published next Spring. Her previous six best-selling novels are Love Hurts, Love Child, Hush Hush, Time After Time, Never Say Goodbye and Still Waters, published by Poolbeg Press. She lives with her partner and dog in Ireland.
Copies of Gem Street: The First Collection 2012, So Long Polyester and Gem Street: Collector's Edition are also available on our website.
Please visit our Submit Story page for full details at www.labellopress.com.
|Author:||Kevin Machin||Date:||October 1, 2014 8:16 pm|
|Responses:||0 – open||Article:||3309 – published|