Thompson Authors (Sarada & John) are hosting Carmarthen's first book fair. It takes place October 1st at St. Peter's Civic Hall.
The town of Carmarthen is steeped in literary history – it is home of the Black Book of Carmarthen – the oldest Welsh book.
The Book Fair will have many local authors, there will be workshops, readings and talks, children's story telling hour – all free. Entry to the book fair is free.
The raffle proceeds will be donated to Hywel Dda Health Board – Carmarthen's local hospital – and the MS Society.
↑ Carmarthen Book Fair 2016 – List of participants
Guest appearance – Professor Menna Elfyn renowned Welsh poet and Director of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David's Creative Writing Programme.
- John Thompson – Author.
- Sarada Thompson – Author.
- Sally Spedding – Author.
- John Nicholl – Author.
- Wendy White – Author.
- Anthony Jones – Writer & Poet.
- Dominic Williams – Writer, poet & Publisher.
- Julie McGowan – Author.
- Lisa Shambrook – Author.
- Graham Watkins – Author.
- Judith Arnopp – Author.
- Sue Moules – Author.
- Kathy Miles – Author.
- Wendy Steele – Author.
- Carol Lovekin – Author.
- Lazarus Carpenter – Author.
- Christoph Fischer – Author.
- Thorne Moore – Author.
- Sarah Jane Butfield – Author.
- Greg Howes – Author.
- Kate Murray – Author.
- Judith Barrow – Author.
- Nathan Amin – Author.
- Colin Parsons – Author.
- Kate Glanville – Author.
- Parthian Books – Publishers.
- Library of Wales.
- Waterstones – promoting local independent authors.
- Llanelli Writer's Circle.
- Chas Griffin – Author.
- Hywel Dda Health Charities – Display.
- MS Society – Display.
- The Palm Caye, Carmarthen – Refreshments.
↑ Confirmed Raffle Prizes for the Carmarthen Book Fair 2016
Raffle proceeds to Hywel Dda Health Charities and MS Society.
- Scarlets – Family ticket for 4 people for a Scarlets Guinness Pro 12 match 2016/17.
- The Plough Inn – Afternoon Tea for two.
- Folly Farm – two tickets.
- Dinosaur Park, Tenby – £10 gift voucher.
- Gwili Steam Railway – one free family ticket.
- Stradey Park Hotel – Afternoon Tea for two.
Manor House Safari Park – 2 prizes:
- two child tickets,
- two child tickets.
- Laser Station Carmarthen – 4 × one game vouchers.
- Marros Riding Centre – £10 off a ride voucher.
- Marks & Spencer – £10 Voucher.
- Xcel Bowling, Carmarthen – Voucher for 1hr bowling for 6 people.
- Ultimate Ballroom, Carmarthen – 2 × 1hr Private lessons (value £40 each) and 4 × children's or adults group lesson vouchers.
- Llandovery Wool Shop – £10 voucher.
- Crancs Cyclesport, Carmarthen – £10 Voucher.
Thompson Authors Biographies
|Posted by:||Kevin Machin||Date:||September 9, 2016 1:08 pm|
|Comments:||1 – permitted||Article:||5009 – public|