- Free to enter.
- NAWG members only.
- 250 words exactly.
- Closed 31st December.
The Pam's People competition, which was started a few years ago and has gone from strength to strength, has been resurrected for 2016. This competition is for NAWG members only and free to enter.
In our August Link magazine I had to announce that, due to many commitments, I was going to have to ditch this much loved competition for this year. But members wouldn't let me. Many sent in emails and an individual member from Hungary was so upset that she sent me three books that we could use as prizes.
So, you've got me – PPC will go ahead with a closing date of 31st December 2016.
There will be three prizes, as pictured in the photograph.
- A small leather bound book of poems by Mihály Babits, a leading figure in the Hungarian literature of the thirties. All poems are in Hungarian with English translations.
- Hungarian Provincial Cooking.
- Gundel's Hungarian Cookbook.
Both cookbooks have all recipes translated into English. They are wonderful and quite unusual books to have and they will go to the first, second and third winners.
Write a complete story, interesting article or a piece of descriptive prose about anything, in 250 words. Make me laugh, make me cry or make me amazed by your word power, but most of all – enter! Let me know what talent we have hiding within the groups.
The rules are simple:
- Be a member of NAWG.
- Write 250 words exactly, including title.
- Only one entry per member.
- Double-spaced, typed if possible, but I will accept hand writing as long as it is your best "posh" stuff. No scribbling on the backs of envelopes. Do not put your name on your entry.
- Name, address, phone number and email address, if you have one, and the name of your writing group or individual member, if you are one, all on a separate sheet.
Pop it in the post to:
c/o 65 Riverside Mead Peterborough PE2 8JN
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Pam's People Comp" in the subject line. Your details, as above in rule 5, in the body of the message and with your anonymous entry as an attachment.
The winner will be announced in the February Link magazine. Winners will be notified early in 2017. You never know – it might be you.
|Author:||Kevin Machin||Date:||September 14, 2016 7:12 pm|
|Responses:||0 – open||Article:||5016 – published|